So, here’s my summary of the week, but I’m going to warn you that it won’t be startling and exciting like so many commercials on TV. I didn’t set out to do this so I can impress you with losing tons of weight in just a week or two. In fact, I didn’t even weigh myself before the experiment began, because that wasn’t the important thing for me. This month is about my personal will power and how my body feels in general, so if you’re patiently waiting to see a topless selfie of my pudgy body in my bathroom mirror, then I’m going to have to break your heart. No camera phones were harmed in my preparation for this endeavor.
Here’s what I do know after one week.
- I haven’t needed an antacid or felt like I had an upset stomach.
- My joints weren’t achy or sore. (Not that I was falling apart before, but I did have my aches and pains that nagged me.)
- My feet haven’t become swollen or ached. (Over recent months my feet would swell a bit when I ate high salt or badly. Again, not terribly, but enough to be annoying.)
- I feel like I’m sleeping better now than a week ago. (This could tie back to not having to get an antacid at 3AM and then trying to fall back asleep.) I’m not sure if I’m snoring less, but I’m sure my wife would appreciate that side effect if it could happen soon.
- I feel like I have more energy today than I did on average a week ago. Sure there were a couple of tough days in the beginning of the week, but each day after those had me more energetic than the last.
- Finally, I feel like my head is clearer than it was last month. I’m not talking about “limitless” clarity where I’ve developed super human insight, just that things just seem better in my head.
What I ate today
Breakfast was a fresh batch of scrambled eggs and kielbasa. I know you are likely in disbelief that I’m still going strong on this meal each day, but I’m just weird I guess. A normal person would be enjoying fruit smoothies or yogurt, but not me.
Lunch was a taco salad again since I made too much taco meat and I’m trying to use it up. I put some meat and cheese on a piece of the cloud bread made yesterday and it was just strange, so I’ll try something else on it tomorrow.
Dinner was some leftover sausages from yesterday, half a sweet potato, broccoli and cauliflower mix, and a few turkey spinach meatballs with light alfredo sauce drizzled over the top of them. Turkey spinach meatballs are a favorite in the house and it’s a battle just to get a few. Even the pickiest eaters go after them with a vengeance.
Water intake was good today.
Thanks for hanging in there with me. Onto day eight!