Welcome to the Emerging Authors Project from FIGID Press!
Two different anthology books featuring a unique framework for an author to create in. Any type of story can apply, so this project is open to all writers who want to strengthen their fiction writing skills.
In 2015, we published our first emerging author anthology book entitled Nation of the Moon, which featured eight new authors and their first published work. After five years of working on other book projects, we’re back to create even more opportunities for authors who have limited published work.
Nation of the Moon volume 2:
On June 14th, 2022 a full moon begins to rise over the United States at 8:25PM and 25% of the population over the age of 13 suddenly transforms into werewolves and they in turn, kill about a third of the remaining population. Many people are caught off guard as the moonlight shifts across the US and they are attacked in large venues by those changing around them or in their homes by their own loved ones.
The rest of the world has been unaffected, and in the US, the state of Missouri is also unaffected by this incident. No one changes into a werewolf inside the state line and wolves just outside the state refuse to enter it in their wolfen form. As word spreads of this terror free area, both the survivors and the affected make pilgrimages to Missouri, seeking a safe haven. The state has its own internal struggle with those who want to help outsiders, and those who feel that outsiders will bring the affliction to their homes. Express interest or get more information about this story by clicking HERE.
Ancestry Data Conglomerate:
Your data never dies, even if you did years ago. Between the years 2100 and 2150 corporations begin to merge and giant electronic storehouses of data are formed that contain everything that has ever pertained to us. Since no data was deemed useless, everything was kept, from grocery shopping purchases to streaming service choices, everything that could be tied to an individual was cataloged, tagged, and put away.
In the year 2150 a new company emerged called Ancestry Data Conglomerate (ADC). Though heavily regulated by the government, this private corporation markets itself as the ideal place to gain a deeper understanding of your relatives who have since passed away. For the right price, you can access every piece of data collected during your relative’s life, from any time period. The idea was for people to gain a better understanding of themselves through the lives of their relatives, but often they got more than they bargained for. Stories submitted for this volume can be based in the future or tied to the past. Express interest or get more information about this story by clicking HERE.
Payment Basics: (What FIGID Press will provide for your story).
• An author biography page about you, your other works, and your contact information (website, etc) in the book itself as you will officially be a published author.
• A short author blurb on the FIGID Press book webpage, linked to your personal webpage.
• One copy of the finished book for your portfolio, and then one additional book for every 1000 words your story contains. **Graphic designers and comic creators are also welcome to participate, contact John for non-word count based payment scenarios. Book retail will be around 15.00.
• The ability to purchase additional copies of the book at 50% off the cover price for the extent of the print run. (You will be responsible for paying shipping and handling costs.)
• Credit to you for your work in the book itself, and also promotional material when possible.
• Most important is that you keep the rights and control of your story! The scope of this project only involves exclusive publishing rights through December 31st, 2022. See the submission contract for more details.
• Stories should consist of 1000 to 10000 words written in Microsoft Word and saved as a standard Microsoft Word file.
• Outline for story must be submitted and approved to ensure it fits in overall scope of project. Time can be set up for a brainstorming session over the phone or Zoom if needed.
• Demographic for the books are ages 14 and up. A likely movie rating would be close to an “PG-13” for stories containing violence and some foul language. Your story could be a “G” or “PG” rating and still fit within the scope of the books.
• Your story can be in first person or third, taking the point of view of anyone affected by this situation. It can be personal, political, social, or religious in nature, whatever you feel may fit into the scope of the project.
Author Timeline Basics:
• Interest Deadline is March 31st, 2021.
• Outline Deadline is May 31st, 2021.
• Story Completion Deadline is August 31st, 2021.
• Bio information for your page is due by September 30th, 2021
• The book’s publish date is set for November 15th, 2021 and will be available on Amazon.com